Monday, May 28, 2007

Look what I made

I downloaded this pattern from www.youcanmakethis.com sometime this last winter. And then my sewing machine stopped working. But the machine is now fixed and after a fun trip to the fabric store, I decided it was for a new purse! The pattern was super easy and the purse went together quickly. Of course, the girls decided they wanted one too, so they each picked out fabric and made them. The great thing about this pattern is it uses small pieces of fabric. It would be a great reason to save those small scraps. I think it would make a great birthday present for the birthday parties the girls are invited too. Maybe add some pockets to the inside and add some Polly Pockets to it for a present.
Walmart also had some great fabric that had smocking on the top, so I made Little T a dress and Miss C a halter top and added a fabric cuff to a pair of cut-off jeans so it looks like an "outfit". I don't have pictures of those yet. I did notice that there was adult version of this type of material, only softer and gauzier than the kids. I think I may have to go back up so I can make myself a couple of dresses. I'll try to add pictures of the dresses later.
Little T's purse is on the left -- she picked out a couple of fat quarters when we were at the fabric store for good behavior, and Miss C's in on the right. She used the same new fabric that I did. I was able to adjust the pattern for the girls. I made the panels shorter and a bit wider, and then I only had to use four panels instead of the seven on the original.





No comments: